Don’t Wait to Get the Help You Need
Individual Counseling Sessions
Whatever may be going on in the life that has led you to consider King Kalakaua Center, you’ve taken an important step in the journey to healing by deciding to seek therapeutic services.
Couple Counseling Sessions
King Kalakaua Center is the birthplace of the Two-on-Two approach to couple’s therapy, where each partner in the couple has their own therapist (may depend on insurance type of the couple).
Family Counseling Sessions
Family therapy typically is couple’s therapy with children and/or grandparents present. Just as in couple’s therapy, we view the family as a complex and unique social system which may need guidance in making adjustments so that the system works better.
Prevalence of Mental Illness
- Approximately 1 in 5 adults in the U.S.—43.8 million, or 18.5%—experiences mental illness in a given year.1
- Approximately 1 in 25 adults in the U.S.—10 million, or 4.2%—experiences a serious mental illness in a given year that substantially interferes with or limits one or more major life activities.2
- Approximately 1 in 5 youth aged 13–18 (21.4%) experiences a severe mental disorder at some point during their life. For children aged 8–15, the estimate is 13%.3
- 1.1% of adults in the U.S. live with schizophrenia.4
- 2.6% of adults in the U.S. live with bipolar disorder.5
- 6.9% of adults in the U.S.—16 million—had at least one major depressive episode in the past year.6
- 18.1% of adults in the U.S. experienced an anxiety disorder such as posttraumatic stress disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, and specific phobias.7
- Among the 20.2 million adults in the U.S. who experienced a substance use disorder, 50.5%—10.2 million adults—had a co-occurring mental illness.8
- – See more at http://www.nami.org/Learn-More/Mental-Health-By-the-Numbers#sthash.Soixb99l.dpuf
You've taken an important step in the journey to healing by deciding to seek therapeutic services. Once more people start to prioritize emotional well being, we will live in a better world.
People in relationships seek counseling for any number of reasons, from power struggles and communication problems to sexual dissatisfaction and infidelity.
Mission Statement and Diversity Statement
The mission of Mana Psychological Services is to provide Healing, Love and Compassion with the ultimate goal of human wellbeing. We are committed to the core values of respect, responsiveness, innovation, and quality to enhance the unique experience of each individual at the clinic.
Mana Psychological Services is committed to creating a safe and welcoming environment for the Honolulu community. We celebrate and honor the uniqueness and diversity of all individuals.