Don’t Wait to Get the Help You Need
Individual Counseling Sessions
There are times in life when we feel like we may need some guidance, support, help and/or mentoring from a professional. There can be tremendous value in talking through your ideas, challenges, and feelings with a therapist who has good listening skills, compassion, intuition, empathy, educational training and expertise to work collaboratively with you to increase your ability to constructively self-reflect, increase your self-understanding and self-acceptance, and come through your troubles to the other side.
With years of experience, training, and a love for helping people I can support you in your situation. Call to set up an initial consultation and let’s explore what’s possible.
Prevalence of Mental Illness
- Approximately 1 in 5 adults in the U.S.—43.8 million, or 18.5%—experiences mental illness in a given year.1
- Approximately 1 in 25 adults in the U.S.—10 million, or 4.2%—experiences a serious mental illness in a given year that substantially interferes with or limits one or more major life activities.2
- Approximately 1 in 5 youth aged 13–18 (21.4%) experiences a severe mental disorder at some point during their life. For children aged 8–15, the estimate is 13%.3
- 1.1% of adults in the U.S. live with schizophrenia.4
- 2.6% of adults in the U.S. live with bipolar disorder.5
- 6.9% of adults in the U.S.—16 million—had at least one major depressive episode in the past year.6
- 18.1% of adults in the U.S. experienced an anxiety disorder such as posttraumatic stress disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, and specific phobias.7
- Among the 20.2 million adults in the U.S. who experienced a substance use disorder, 50.5%—10.2 million adults—had a co-occurring mental illness.8
- – See more at http://www.nami.org/Learn-More/Mental-Health-By-the-Numbers#sthash.Soixb99l.dpuf
You've taken an important step in the journey to healing by deciding to seek therapeutic services. Once more people start to prioritize emotional well being, we will live in a better world.
People in relationships seek counseling for any number of reasons, from power struggles and communication problems to sexual dissatisfaction and infidelity.
Mission Statement and Diversity Statement
The mission of Mana Psychological Services is to provide Healing, Love and Compassion with the ultimate goal of human wellbeing. We are committed to the core values of respect, responsiveness, innovation, and quality to enhance the unique experience of each individual at the clinic.
Mana Psychological Services is committed to creating a safe and welcoming environment for the Honolulu community. We celebrate and honor the uniqueness and diversity of all individuals.