Don’t Wait to Get the Help You Need
Fees and Insurance
Fees vary depending on the length of the session time, the educational degree of therapist, and level of experience.
Medical services are provided and billed by Mana Psychological Services. Our providers participate with some of all of the major health insurance plans in Hawaii. Following are the health plans which we currently accept.
VA/TRIWEST (Referral Needed)
We are currently working on adding more insurances. Please check with us if your insurance is not listed above.
If your plan is not listed, we can help you file a claim on your behalf. However, payment is required in advance.
Please be aware that with any health plans, there may be deductibles and copayments for which you could be responsible.
We’d recommend asking these questions to your insurance provider to help determine your benefits:
Does my health insurance plan include mental health benefits?
Do I have a deductible? If so, what is it and have I met it yet?
Does my plan limit how many sessions per the calendar year I can have? If so, what is the limit?
Do I need written approval from my primary care physician in order for services to be covered?
If you are unable to attend a session, please make sure you cancel at least 24 hours beforehand. Otherwise, you may be charged for the full rate of the session.
Any Other Questions
Please contact us for any additional questions you may have. We look forward to hearing from you!
Prevalence of Mental Illness
- Approximately 1 in 5 adults in the U.S.—43.8 million, or 18.5%—experiences mental illness in a given year.1
- Approximately 1 in 25 adults in the U.S.—10 million, or 4.2%—experiences a serious mental illness in a given year that substantially interferes with or limits one or more major life activities.2
- Approximately 1 in 5 youth aged 13–18 (21.4%) experiences a severe mental disorder at some point during their life. For children aged 8–15, the estimate is 13%.3
- 1.1% of adults in the U.S. live with schizophrenia.4
- 2.6% of adults in the U.S. live with bipolar disorder.5
- 6.9% of adults in the U.S.—16 million—had at least one major depressive episode in the past year.6
- 18.1% of adults in the U.S. experienced an anxiety disorder such as posttraumatic stress disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, and specific phobias.7
- Among the 20.2 million adults in the U.S. who experienced a substance use disorder, 50.5%—10.2 million adults—had a co-occurring mental illness.8
- – See more at http://www.nami.org/Learn-More/Mental-Health-By-the-Numbers#sthash.Soixb99l.dpuf
You've taken an important step in the journey to healing by deciding to seek therapeutic services. Once more people start to prioritize emotional well being, we will live in a better world.
People in relationships seek counseling for any number of reasons, from power struggles and communication problems to sexual dissatisfaction and infidelity.
Mission Statement and Diversity Statement
The mission of Mana Psychological Services is to provide Healing, Love and Compassion with the ultimate goal of human wellbeing. We are committed to the core values of respect, responsiveness, innovation, and quality to enhance the unique experience of each individual at the clinic.
Mana Psychological Services is committed to creating a safe and welcoming environment for the Honolulu community. We celebrate and honor the uniqueness and diversity of all individuals.