Don’t Wait to Get the Help You Need
Mana Psychological Services was created with the primary goal of bringing human wellbeing, ending mental health stigma ang giving people a new beginning.
The Native Hawaiian concept of power doesn’t mean you need to have material possessions. Mana is described as a life energy that flows through all things and humans. It may be gained or lost with everything you do. Living through pono – meaningful work, good relationships and the service you lend to your community – can allow you to gather mana.
My name is Cristiane Caleffi. I became involved with mental health awareness after the passing of a loved one who suffered from schizophrenia. The idea that trained mental health professionals could help ease the pain and suffering of people involved in mental health was always intriguing to me. After seeing so many positive results when working as a biller during many years at a psychologist’s office, I was hooked to the idea of doing my part to spread this work.
Besides being the executive officer at mana Psychological Services, I also have a medical billing company called Ike Pono medical Billing Hawaii. We cater to lots of mental health practitioner in the State of Hawaii.
Mental Health specialists are trained to work with patients to offer solutions. When someone has a toothache, they call a dentist. Anyone can pull out a tooth but a dentist has been trained to handle it properly. Same goes for mental health professionals.
We are always looking for passionate souls to join us with our mission of bringing wellbeing to as many people as possible.
If you or someone you know needs help, or if you would like to help us with our mission, please browse our website, or call (808) 369-0796.
Prevalence of Mental Illness
- Approximately 1 in 5 adults in the U.S.—43.8 million, or 18.5%—experiences mental illness in a given year.1
- Approximately 1 in 25 adults in the U.S.—10 million, or 4.2%—experiences a serious mental illness in a given year that substantially interferes with or limits one or more major life activities.2
- Approximately 1 in 5 youth aged 13–18 (21.4%) experiences a severe mental disorder at some point during their life. For children aged 8–15, the estimate is 13%.3
- 1.1% of adults in the U.S. live with schizophrenia.4
- 2.6% of adults in the U.S. live with bipolar disorder.5
- 6.9% of adults in the U.S.—16 million—had at least one major depressive episode in the past year.6
- 18.1% of adults in the U.S. experienced an anxiety disorder such as posttraumatic stress disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, and specific phobias.7
- Among the 20.2 million adults in the U.S. who experienced a substance use disorder, 50.5%—10.2 million adults—had a co-occurring mental illness.8
- – See more at http://www.nami.org/Learn-More/Mental-Health-By-the-Numbers#sthash.Soixb99l.dpuf
You've taken an important step in the journey to healing by deciding to seek therapeutic services. Once more people start to prioritize emotional well being, we will live in a better world.
People in relationships seek counseling for any number of reasons, from power struggles and communication problems to sexual dissatisfaction and infidelity.
Mission Statement and Diversity Statement
The mission of Mana Psychological Services is to provide Healing, Love and Compassion with the ultimate goal of human wellbeing. We are committed to the core values of respect, responsiveness, innovation, and quality to enhance the unique experience of each individual at the clinic.
Mana Psychological Services is committed to creating a safe and welcoming environment for the Honolulu community. We celebrate and honor the uniqueness and diversity of all individuals.